War Thunder gaming - leden RSS

pondělí 9. listopadu 2015

Special Replay mode for training [game records]

I know there was a lot of requests to improve training / learning system for newbies.

Newbies e.g. request to have some AI aircrafts in the map to test aircraft. I was inspired by the last suggestion #277090.

So here is my idea.

WT has a mode where you can watch your saved flight/battle (I call it Replay mode). Gaijin could change this mode a bit to start the game from the replay mode. Let's call it training mode. For example. I know where I did mistake and I would like to correct the mistake. Just to try to correct it if I would manage to train it. There should be button "Jump to next crash". If I press the button I will see my next crash. Then there would be next button, which would send me 10s back. I could press this button e.g. 2x. Then there would be another button to enter the Training mode. I would press the Training mode button and I would start to play inside the Replay screen so I could train the situation again. There would be an "AI" checkbox control inside the Replay mode. If I would change the view to another player I could check the AI checkbox for this player. So for example, I could switch to the player who shot me down. Then I would check the AI checkbox. Then I would switch back to my aircraft view. I would click on the Training mode button and the enemy aircraft who attacked me would start to play as enemy AI. If the AI wouldn't be checked the enemy plane would just copy the original trajectory! But if you would check the AI button, he would start to play as in normal game so he would try to shoot on you according your new trajectory in training mode! So you could check as many aircrafts playing AI as you wish. In training mode you could change speed, and fly different way, and the opponent will copy your actions and maneuvers. He would use the same settings as the original player (visibility, G-force tolerance etc.) but he would play on his own. In the case that I would set some friendly aircraft to AI, the friendly aircraft could come to help. So we have now 2 AI airplanes in the game. If he comes to me nobody shoots on him except the enemy AI. So we would be two and I could train to fly and try to defeat the enemy AI airplane.

Now when I have explained how the Training mode would work inside the Replay mode, I come to the original idea:

Some players have a bad day and manage to crash 3 times during one game. There could be monitoring which would count e.g. last 3 games. If you would crashed 3 times or maybe 4 times during 3 games, then after end of the game a choice would be opened (dialog window), which would suggest you to train flying of the situations in which you failed. For this purpose, Gaijin would save each game of these 3 games in which I crashed. It would remember the time when the crash happened.

After I would submit the "OK" button (meaning I want to train), the Replay mode would be opened with the time set to the last crash -20 seconds. You could change to different crash or different time in game, set your AI aircraft to enemy, and go to Training mode. Or you would not use AI at all, but you would try to manage the situation. For example when I fly with fully loaded bomber and I do low altitude airstrike on bunker, I can correct my speed, reduce it and turn flaps on to make sure that I will not crash into ground.

Another great suggestion is to add Realistic mode option. Where my game would behave like in realistic mode. So if I fly too fast the flaps with tear off!

Next choice would be the Simulator mode, which could serve for the Simulator fans!

Another  interesting choice in Replay mode would be the possibility to change the ammo type which the enemy or friendly aircraft used to tracing ammo. So if I couldn't see where he was shooting now I would see it. This could make it a bit easier for newbies.

Yet another option would be the possibility to open small window with dimensions 150x200px.Where you would see the enemy after you. It would be rear view mirror and you would see maneuvers of the enemy, with possibility to zoom his aircraft in or out. The window size should be possible to change and the window could be movable. So when you fly forward you see the enemy in your back without the need to change view to back. This last opinion is not high priority.


The Forerunner paradox*

I realized, there exists problem for programmers which would lead to game crashing. Simply explained:
- If I destroy object which should be destroyed by non AI player, what happens? The non AI players has order to shoot on non existing object. The order or command will fail, which will crash the game.
- If the non AI enemy plane called "red #1" shoot me down in the game and I want to replay it. I will change him to AI enemy, still called "red #1". I will change the past and I will not let him kill, but I will kill him. In the original game, red #1 demaged or kill another aircrafts after my dead. The aircrafts which were planned to be damaged expect that the non existing enemy aircraft red #1 should damage them. How will these aircrafts fly, at different speed and different flying characteristics when they are not damaged?

Notes:
* - The Forerunner paradox, is similar to Grandfather paradox.

Ghosting: solution for developers

I think "simple" solution is to run the game so, that all original objects which can be damaged or destroyed could be duplicated as ghost. Ghost would be virtual object, visible but not real. The objects which should change their behavior dependently on the original game would be real and would not be depended on the objects from the original game and the objects from original game would not be depended on the real objects.

Duplicating

1) When I will start the Training mode my aircraft would be created as copy of the original. It should contain my crews abilities and my aircraft modifications.

2) Any AI aircrafts in the Training mode would be created as copy of the original aircraft. It should contain the players crews abilities and their aircraft modifications.

3) Any objects which is possible to damage should be loaded to memory as real copies of the original objects.

Rules for preventing crashes:

The combat between me and AI aircrafts will not effect the original game play. When I will shot on some object, the real (duplicated) object will be destroyed and the virtual object called ghost will be changed to ghost: it will not die, but it will be invisible for me and AI aircrafts. The invisible ghost aircrafts will shoot invisible bullets. Any children objects from invisible ghosts should be invisible. Hence any explosion made by them, should be made invisible. It won't be removed. Hence if invisible aircraft will destroy house by bomb, no bomb, no explosion will be visible, but the house will be destroyed. The invisible airplane can suffer damage as in the original game, no matter if the one who made the damage action is visible or not.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat