War Thunder gaming - leden RSS

sobota 14. listopadu 2015

Dialog windows in game (Map, Statistics, Commands) [performance]

I have few problems with the current map (hotkey M).

1) there is unpleasant delay to open the map or to open the statistics
When you are in combat in AB, you need to check the map very quickly. You have no time for waiting or zooming otherwise enemy can shot you down or get too close.

2) the map area is too small so you need to zoom in or out permanently

3) If you want to activate command / bonus you do this over the M screen which also takes too long.


Please solve this things. I have problems to read the things on the small map and is simply better to have wider map and zoomed permanently. I would prefer to use all my screen and to enlarge the map (zoom it inside).

Here are my suggestions:

Separate the map and aircraft information.

M - opens map in full screen mode + zoom in +1 level.
 

Map: page 1
In the case that Gaijin would create historically precise battles in the future where real topological maps would be used, they could add more pages like topological maps with contour lines or simply something like this:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi1HKNqtNzzWRkQ2jxHbouEPXOdEJnm9y7Uh5aaLSFftIEolxOBO4u0rD_7uDRBchFyLcFjssQne4iwEUbweT-KZA_QIV7bmkZ0khDkicFyGPF44aVvjrDIcZFSs4RyaX9W2BlXs-31JoL0/s1600/Kowloon1941.jpg
Notice the great contrast. The map is missing contour lines but the readability is great.

Page 2,3, etc.
Possible additional maps for historically exact battle
(This is realistic map of Prokhorovka, made in TopoMapCreator)



http://www.history.army.mil/books/wwii/MacArthur%20Reports/MacArthur%20V2%20P2/Images/p_162.jpg
Possible static map for main task of the team
Please notice that the image above is 10x better readable than your map with countour lines which are harly visible (they are blured and low contrast). Please make the maps more readable, visible, better to manipulate, to make preparations before I fly to target.

Royal Air Force bomber crew plotting a course on a map before a raid

Or possibly those maps which I suggested in Special anti tank ditches and Sappers & Minefields [includes logistics!] suggestions (those are just a grayscale photo or screenshot using simple big icon for group of units of same type and tactical map tracking frequently used paths).

Use V to view next page / next map.

Remember the type of the map which was last.

Close the Map with M key or pressing additional keys [N] by incident*



I - should display various information

Here (I) you could display either:

A) Map in the left column (please make it larger).
B) Right column should contain the tasks (make the task column bigger than current width). My screen resolution is 1152x720 (But 1024x768 should be minimal support). The current situation on my screen during Endurance Mode test even does not display the complete information of the task (is not visible even after scroll down).

Old map/information window
Or switch A with B so Map would be on right side.

Activate the information by pressing I.

Use pages to offer complete information. I usually don't need to watch on aircraft information.

Use V to view next page or next information.

Information: page 2

"Stock" / Bonus Command

Information page 3

Add grayscale aerial photos from surveillance plane (last pages).

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/23/article-1230025-07509638000005DC-177_964x434_popup.jpg

Colditz Castle in Saxony, Germany, on 10 April 1945

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Pearl_Harbor_looking_southwest-Oct41.jpg

http://sliderulemuseum.com/Military/AES_Green_JapaneseFleet.jpg

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/HI/Airfields_HI_Oahu_S_htm_m73ca54b9.jpg

Remember the page which was last (save last viewed page).

Close the information window with I or pressing additional keys [U,O] if I press them by incident.

Update: More information about the aircraft needed
Information which I am missing:
1) Flaps tear speed - when does flaps tear off. This should not be the same as maximum speed of the aircraft, I know that the flaps are tearing off at relatively "low speed" (and I have some experiences with civil planes simulator, where the flaps have lower speed than the aircraft!!!). I need this because I am used to play with AB and when I go to RB occasionally. I need to check this. I also use flaps for sharp turns in AB so I need to one more information: Recommended flaps tear maximum speed for sharp turns if you know them. This would help me very much.
2) Bombers (I am flying with British) like Firefly, FireBrand, Hurricane etc. they have various wingspan. Their bombs are placed differently. They are not on the middle of body. I need to know exact distance from middle of the body* to calculate correction while bombing. Recently I needed make my own resureach for wingspan and the second information I had to calculate. This was only for 2 planes and took some time. * So please realease this information bombers need to know. This will make bombing more accurate even with 250lb bombs and assault fuse set to 4,5s. Bombing with assault fuse with 250lbs is not simple but is possible if you exactly know the information*.


Yet here is the problem with the delay do open the window. It would be good if Gaijin would do the best to increase the performance to open the window. If it is possible do maximum for this, no delay at all even if you need to remove some special effect like blending or bluring.

If you want to activate a command, you can prepare the page pressing I,V,V,V and then I to discard. In combat when you are ready, you just press V and Enter - the command is activated and the Window will auto close.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat