War Thunder gaming - leden RSS

pondělí 16. listopadu 2015

Bombing (G.B.)

How to estimate where the bombs fell down

Part I. - Assault fuse (4.5s)










AND HERE WE GO!




This post is not about accurate bombing, but about learning how much the bomb moves from the cross marker.

Factors:

- bomb position on wing (distance from middle of aircraft body)
- weight of bomb
- speed of aircraft
- angle of nose
- bank angle (height of the bomb above the mid of body)
- slope of the ground
- delay of bomb (there is some delay at begin of the drop / slower motion on vertical axis - it accelerates continuously)

Desert Coast 4.5s

 My best hit. I planned to hit the route and I was 100% successful but the tank (moving relatively fast) had decided to go around that bomb! But still the explosion (250lb) has killed him!

Decision point

Dropping...
it was type 95 Chi-ha


The same type but this time I missed. It was on rote but just behind the tank. I wonder that the bomb was not able to destroy the tank it was so close (the back should be less protected).



PzKpfw III 4.5s from 300-264m (MSL)

The target was relatively far.


Success with the bomb from right wing.






Seems like I was too high and the bomb just change the trajectory due to gravity so its angle was more sharp before it hit ground. This explains why it fallen earlier to ground than I would expect. Seems like height 300m with combination of shallow angle is inefficient for bombing with assault fuse. But I was too close I needed to drop it. I could try to go to sharper angle but I likely didn't feel save from this low altitude. The angle was too shallow.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat